Saturday, November 15, 2008

Daisy Days

So, Amelia is now officially a Daisy Girl Scout. The Troop (#2040) met in my classroom for the first time on Tuesday. The girls didn't really know each other (even though they all go to the same school, there are about 140 kids in seven different classrooms), the moms certainly didn't know each other . . . it was a bit awkward at first. Good thing that our Troop Leader, Christine, has got it together. She had an activity set up before the girls even walked into the room, assigned the girls tasks, and had everyone generally "hopping to" within seconds. We had our parent meeting on Thursday and voted up a few details. We opted out of cookie sales this year (yay), assigned volunteer jobs, and planned out a few excursions as well as our Spring Camping Trip! The family headed to the Girl Scouts Lone Star Council today and picked up her uniform. I'm uber-excited. My volunteer job? Historian/ scrapbooker. I'm certain this shocks everyone. I've got the Troop's blog set up, and today I designed my own background using Photoshop. The link is on the right. Hooray for girls!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Enjoy your adventures in Scouting!

Lora said...

I'm impressed with the background! :) It looks great.