Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Stick of Yummy Goodness

Oy. April?!? Sarah is right...I am way behind. How do I get back into this? I think I have to start with sticky cuteness. The ice cream truck makes regular runs through our neighborhood, and the Pavlovian begging that immediately follows has made me dread the sound of the tinkling bells.
Sometimes, though, it pays off...although the Texas heat isn't kind to Dora when she's icy cold with gumball eyes. Evie managed to get one gumball partially up her nose while the lovely brown cap of hair melted through her fingers and down her thighs.
Sadly, although her big brother is more than happy to receive doggie kisses, Evie isn't quite there. Savannah the wondermutt was forced to watch with brown-eyed lament as I washed the sticky mess off with the garden hose, nary a canine lick to be known.

1 comment:

Sarah and Eric said...

Glad you're back! We missed your blogging!